Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

MILLIE JACKSON: RARE LIVE 1990 APOLLO CONCERT VIDEO

"

MILLIE JACKSON LIVE AT APOLLO 1990






Bold! Sassy! Outspoken! Brash! She,s all that and more! She,s the outrageous MILLIE JACKSON! Never has any singer, male or female, reveled in such a strong stage performance, singing songs for the mature adult-only crowd. 


She has spawned a row of successors, including Little Kim, Da Brat and Foxy Brown, among others over the years. I have had the privilege of seeing a rare and hard-to-find MILLIE JACKSON concert on VHS entitled:

MILLIE JACKSON LIVE AT THE APOLLO 1990


This rare only for mature audiences concert showcases "The Queen of Raunch" at what she does best! 

Millie J. performs her hits ranging from the classic "IF YOU,RE NOT BACK IN LOVE BY MONDAY" (she also does it country-style ala Merle Haggard!), to the outrageous and bawdy "LET ME FEEL IT"(maybe not the exact title but it comes close).


Millie steps off the stage as she sings/raps to the men in the audience if they don,t mind if she feels "it" and proceeds to do just THAT! 

When I saw her going out into the audience from "willing" man to man doing (just use your imagination!), I fell to the floor with uncontrollable laughter! 

At one point, a woman (shades of the L WORD) comes running down the steps at her but stops short when Millie looks up and screams "NO, NO, NO,DON,T WANT TO FEEL IT, CAN,T MAKE ME FEEL IT!"




Even the cameramen wasn,t safe from Millie,s foray, as he seemed to quite enjoy it!

 During one song she kicks off her shoes and walks around the stage barefoot, while exchanging profanity-laced banter with the audience who kept hollering for more! 

Redd Foxx and Richard Pryor would have felt right at home here. This is NOT FOR CHURCH FOLK as she proclaims on one of her more recent albums.


So if you,re a Millie Jackson fan and either heard one of her live recordings such as "LIVE AND UNCENSORED" or checked out her official live dvd, "MILLIE JACKSON LIVE AT THE JUNCTION" (available at Amazon.com, see below) chances are you will love this too. 

Just dust off your pc, adjust your chair, flex your fingers and enter the wide, wide, world of the internet. Trust me, you will find it sooner or later if you don,t give up!




4 comments:

Nancy Girl said...

Where did you find the Apollo video? I can't find it anywhere. I love her live DVD.

Anonymous said...

Hello Nancy Girl,

I found the vhs tape about 9 years ago. Please contact me at soulrockera@yahoo.com for more details.

Jan said...

Hi there, I saw this old message board while looking at Millie Jackson stuff. Is the tape still available? I'd really like a copy, either on VHS or a DVD. BTW, I'm in London, England. Can we make it happen??? Thanks x

OldGroove said...

Hello Jan,

This full concert is on Youtube. I use a program called Freemake to burn Youtube

videos to dvd. It is very easy to do if you have a dvd burner. If you want, I can

make one for you and send it. The cost is only $12.00 I suggest you try freemake

first; just go to freemake.com and download the Freemake Video Converter. Saves time

but if you want me to send a copy, email me at soulrockera@yahoo.com ok?

THE ONE:STORY OF JB

GOOGLE SEARCH

Google

COLD SWEAT: MY FATHER JB & ME

About Me

I have been around (40+ years),grew up with and still enjoy old school soul music. I am a beginner in internet marketing and enjoy the challenge of making money on the internet.